ANSI - INCITS/ISO/IEC 29794-1
Information technology — Biometric sample quality — Part 1: Framework
|Publication Date:||19 January 2010|
For any or all biometric sample types as necessary, this part of ISO/IEC 29794
1. establishes terms and definitions that are useful in the specification, and use of quality metrics;
2. recommends the purpose and interpretation of biometric quality scores;
3. defines the format and placement of quality data fields in biometric data interchange formats;
4. suggests methods for developing biometric sample datasets for the purpose of quality score normalization; and
5. suggests a format for exchange of quality algorithm results.
Outside the scope are the following:
1. the specification of minimum requirements for sample, module, or system quality scores;
2. performance assessment of quality algorithms; and
3. standardization of quality algorithms.