Standard: TAPPI T 419
STARCH IN PAPER
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This method describes the qualitative and the quantitative determination of unmodified starches and starches modified only by conventional oxidation techniques or enzyme conversion, which are used for beater addition or surface sizing.
This procedure measures the total starch content and does not differentiate between starch inside and on the surfaces of the paper.
Some starches that are cationic, substituted, grafted, or combined with resins are not within the scope of this procedure, because special techniques are required for them. Test to determine whether the starch is appropriate for this procedure by checking for extractability. If it can be extracted quantitatively and forms the iodine complex, it should be able to be determined by this method.
This method is applicable only for papers with fully bleached pulp, because lignin and lignin remnants can also react with iodine to form a color complex.
|Document Number:||tappi t 419|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
This Standard References
Showing 1 of 1.