Ductile iron products for sewerage applications
|Publication Date:||15 July 2011|
|ICS Code (External sewage systems):||93.030|
|ICS Code (Iron and steel castings):||77.140.80|
This International Standard specifies the requirements and test methods applicable to ductile iron pipes, fittings, accessories and their joints for the construction of drains and sewers outside buildings:
- to convey surface water (e.g. rainwater), domestic waste water and/or certain types of industrial effluents, either in separate systems or in combined systems;
- operating without pressure (gravity sewers) or with positive or negative pressure;
- for installation below or above ground.
NOTE In this International Standard, all pressures are relative pressures expressed in bar1).
This International Standard contains specifications for materials, dimensions and tolerances, mechanical properties and standard coatings of pipes, fittings and accessories. It also gives performance requirements for all components including joints.
This International Standard is applicable to pipes, fittings and accessories cast by any type of foundry process or manufactured by fabrication of cast components, as well as corresponding joints, in the size range DN 80 to DN 2600 inclusive.
It is applicable to pipes, fittings and accessories which are
- manufactured with socketed, flanged or spigot ends (joint design and gasket shape are outside the scope of this International Standard), and
- normally delivered internally and externally coated.
1) 100 kPa = 1 bar = 0,1 MPa; 1 MPa = 1 N/mm2.