AMENDMENT 2 Household and similar electrical appliances – Safety – Part 2-45: Particular requirements for portable heating tools and similar appliances
|Publication Date:||1 August 2011|
|ICS Code (Electric tools):||25.140.20|
|ICS Code (Domestic safety):||13.120|
This clause of Part 1 is replaced by the following.
This International Standard deals with the safety of portable electric heating tools and similar appliances, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V.
Appliances not intended for normal household use, but which nevertheless may be a source of danger to the public, such as appliances intended to be used by laymen in shops, in light industry and on farms, are within the scope of this standard.
Appliances that may also be used when mounted on a support are within the scope of this standard.
NOTE 101 Examples of appliances that are within the scope of this standard are
- branding tools;
- burning-in pens;
- conduit-soldering tools;
- dehorning tools;
- desoldering irons;
- glue guns;
- heat guns;
- household film-welding appliances;
- paint strippers;
- plastic-cutting tools;
- soldering guns;
- soldering irons;
- stripping pliers;
- thermoplastic conduit-welding tools.
As far as is practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented by appliances which are encountered by all persons in and around the home. However, in general, it does not in general take into account
- the use of appliances by young children or infirm persons without supervision;
- playing with the appliance by young children.
NOTE 102 Attention is drawn to the fact that
- for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements may be necessary;
- in many countries additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour and similar authorities.
NOTE 103 This standard does not apply to
- hand-held motor-operated electric tools (IEC 60745);
- transportable motor-operated electric tools (IEC 61029);
- appliances intended exclusively for industrial purposes;
- appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas);
- tools using high-frequency heating;
- arc-welding equipment.