Petroleum and natural gas industries — Design and operation of subsea production systems — Part 15: Subsea structures and manifolds
|Publication Date:||15 September 2011|
|ICS Code (Exploratory, drilling and extraction equipment):||75.180.10|
This part of ISO 13628 addresses recommendations for subsea structures and manifolds, within the frameworks set forth by recognized and accepted industry specifications and standards. As such, it does not supersede or eliminate any requirement imposed by any other industry specification.
This part of ISO 13628 covers subsea manifolds and templates utilized for pressure control in both subsea production of oil and gas, and subsea injection services. See Figure 1 for an example of such a subsea system.
Equipment within the scope of this part of ISO 13628 is listed below:
a) the following structural components and piping systems of subsea production systems:
- production and injection manifolds,
- modular and integrated single satellite and multiwell templates,
- subsea processing and subsea boosting stations,
- flowline riser bases and export riser bases (FRB, ERB),
- pipeline end manifolds (PLEM),
- pipeline end terminations (PLET),
- T- and Y-connection,
- subsea isolation valve (SSIV);
b) the following structural components of subsea production system:
- subsea controls and distribution structures,
- other subsea structures;
c) protection structures associated with the above.
The following components and their applications are outside the scope of this part of ISO 13628:
- pipeline and manifold valves;
- flowline and tie-in connectors;
- choke valves;
- production control systems.
NOTE General information regarding these topics can be found in additional publications, such as ISO 13628-1 and API Spec 2C.