NR - RT/CE/C/007 ISSUE 1
Permanent Way Standard Drawings (RE/PW Series)
|Publication Date:||1 May 1995|
These procedures apply to:
• all drawings that define the form and inter-relationship of civil engineering trackwork components produced by hand draughting or CAD method
• all development drawings, excluding sketches, that may form the basis of future standard drawings. (Development drawings should have a designation of RTD/... during development, and be renumbered in the RE/PW/ series after approval).
These procedures do not apply to:
• Development drawings that are only sketches of outline proposals and require further drawings prior to producing a manufacturing specification.
• Survey, feasibility and scheme drawings for revisions to track geometry unless track components form part of the detailed information.
• drawings produced using non-INTERGRAPH 2D compatible software.
To define a standard presentation style for the production of Railtrack civil engineering trackwork component and general arrangement drawings.
To define a style of drawing that should be implemented at the development stage and then carried through to the final approved design drawings without substantial reworking.
To define a code of practice for CAD procedures to be used by Railtrack and external CAD drawing originators for the management of CAD data files when producing Railtrack permanent way standard component and assembly drawings, (RE/PW series incl. RTD development drawings).
To define CAD procedures for INTERGRAPH MICROSTATION 2D software, the preferred CAD software when producing track component standard drawings; including the associated "Design Model" and "Design and Plot Composition Files".
To define data transfer procedures between Railtrack and external organisations i.e. contractors and suppliers, that should ensure data produced by Railtrack and non- Railtrack organisations are co-ordinated to a common code of practice to ease data exchange.