Personal identification — ISO-compliant driving licence — Part 4: Test methods
|Publication Date:||1 October 2019|
|ICS Code (Identification cards. Chip cards. Biometrics):||35.240.15|
This document describes the test methods used for conformity testing, that is methods for determining whether a driving licence can be considered to comply with the requirements of the ISO/IEC 18013 series for:
- machine readable technologies (ISO/IEC 18013-2), and
- access control, authentication and integrity validation (ISO/IEC 18013-3).
The test methods described in this document are based on specifications defined in ISO/IEC 18013-2 and ISO/IEC 18013-3 and underlying normative specifications.
This document deals with test methods specific to IDL requirements. Test methods applicable to (smart) cards in general (e.g. those specified in the ISO/IEC 10373 series) are outside the scope of this document.
Hence the purpose of this document is to:
- provide IDL implementers with requirements for conformity evaluation,
- provide IDL issuing authorities with requirements for quality assurance, and
- provide test laboratories and test tool providers with test suite requirements.