ITU-T - J.1600
Premium cable network platform – Framework
|Publication Date:||1 October 2019|
This Recommendation supports the automation of the operation and maintenance for cable TV and broadband networks, typically the hybrid fibre coaxial (HFC), through the premium cable network platform (PCNP) embedded with intelligent analyser and controller (IAC).
It specifies the framework of the PCNP that exploits the cloud based artificial intelligence and network data to optimize network and television (TV) services, thus enabling the high satisfaction of user's experience of perceptual aspects of services.
This Recommendation also defines a number of functions and interfaces that may be supported by the platform to facilitate intelligent network operation and maintenance. The functions specified in this Recommendation provide the following key application features:
• Best aspect of rapidly providing basic network connection service;
• Best aspect of rapid troubleshooting for malfunction diagnostics in the network;
• Best aspects of optimizing configurations of the devices and services to meet customer satisfaction;
• Learning and prediction of customer requirements based on statistical network data;
• Carrying out the local or overall network migration plan, step by step, meeting customer requirements in an economical way.
The technologies specified in this Recommendation use the following key functionalities and capabilities:
• Network characteristics data collection and report from the integrated broadband cable network devices to the edge and centralized IACs;
• Configurable data analysis, inference and decision using network characteristics data inside IACs;
• Methods and associated data training and learning inside IACs;
• Characteristics database stored and maintained inside IACs;
• Application and adaptation of services management and operation to the results of the analyses.