CENELEC - EN 60335-2-66
Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety Part 2-66: Particular requirements for water-bed heaters
|Publication Date:||1 March 2003|
|ICS Code (Electric heaters):||97.100.10|
This International Standard deals with the safety of electric water-bed heaters and their associated control units, for household and similar purposes, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V.
Appliances not intended for normal household use, but that nevertheless may be a source of danger to the public, such as appliances intended to be used in hotels, are within the scope of this standard.
This standard deals with the reasonably foreseeable hazards presented by appliances and machines that are encountered by all persons. However, in general, it does not take into account:
• children playing with the appliance;
• the use of the appliance by very young children;
• the use of the appliance by young children without supervision.
It is recognized that very vulnerable people may have needs beyond the level addressed in this standard.
NOTE 101 Attention is drawn to the fact that
- for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or in aircraft, additional requirements may be necessary;
- in many countries additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour, the national water supply authorities and similar authorities.
NOTE 102 This standard does not apply to appliances
- for medical purposes (IEC 60601);
- intended for immersion in water during use.