CENELEC - EN IEC 60601-2-46
Medical electrical equipment - Part 2-46: Particular requirements for the basic safety and essential performance of operating tables
|Publication Date:||1 November 2019|
|ICS Code (Hospital equipment):||11.140|
This particular standard specifies safety requirements for OPERATING TABLES, whether or not having electrical parts, including TRANSPORTERS, used for the transportation of the OPERATING TABLE top to or from the base or pedestal of an OPERATING TABLE with detachable OPERATING TABLE top.
NOTE See also 4.2 of the General Standard.
This particular standard does not apply to
- dental PATIENT chairs;
- examination chairs and couches;
- PATIENT-supporting systems of diagnostic and therapeutic devices; (see IEC 60601-2-43)
- OPERATING TABLE heating blankets; (see IEC 80601-2-35)
- PATIENT transfer equipment;
- delivery tables and beds;
- medical beds; (see IEC 60601-2-52)
- field tables.
If OPERATING TABLES will be used in combination with diagnostic and/or therapeutic devices the relevant requirements of each related particular standard are also applicable.