CENELEC - EN 60335-2-98
Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety Part 2-98: Particular requirements for humidifiers
|Publication Date:||1 May 2013|
|ICS Code (Domestic electrical appliances in general):||97.030|
This International Standard deals with the safety of electric humidifiers for household and similar use, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V for single-phase appliances and 480 V for other appliances.
NOTE Z101 Examples of appliances that are within the scope of the standard are
- ultrasonic humidifier,
- impeller humidifier,
- evaporation humidifier,
- steam vaporizer humidifier.
- appliances for heating liquids (IEC 60335-2-15);
- appliances that atomize water;
- appliances that evaporate water by heating;
- appliances that blow air through a moist element.
Appliances that are not intended for normal household use, but that nevertheless may be a source of danger to the public, such as appliances intended to be used by laymen in shops, in light industry and on farms, are within the scope of this standard.
This standard deals with the reasonably foreseeable hazards presented by appliances and machines that are encountered by all persons. However, in general, it does not take into account
- children playing with the appliance,
- the use of the appliance by very young children,
- the use of the appliance by young children without supervision.
It is recognized that very vulnerable people may have needs beyond the level addressed in this standard.
NOTE 102 Attention is drawn to the fact that
- for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements may be necessary;
- in many countries additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, then national authorities responsible for the protection of labour and similar authorities.
NOTE 103 This standard does not apply to
- humidifiers intended for use with heating, ventilation or air-conditioning systems (IEC 60335-2-88);
- appliances for medical purposes (IEC 60601);
- appliances intended exclusively for industrial purposes;
- appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas).