CEN - PREN 15061
Safety of machinery - Safety requirements for strip processing line machinery and equipment
|Publication Date:||1 January 2020|
|ICS Code (Equipment for the metallurgical industry):||77.180|
This document defines the general safety requirements of strip processing lines.
This document applies to:
Strip processing lines for treating metal strip, from
- coil take-over-point of the entry section (terminal equipment, see 3.2) through the
- process (processing and terminal equipment, see 3.3 and 3.2) up to the
- coil take-over-point of the exit section or interface to other lines (terminal equipment), see Figure 1.
NOTE 1 The aforementioned processes can also occur in combination.
If the aforementioned processes will be combined with processes which are not covered by the scope of this standard, this standard can be used as a guideline.
NOTE 2 Thermo process equipment integrated in strip processing lines is covered by the EN 746 series. For dryers and ovens, in which flammable substances are released, EN 1539 applies.
This document does not cover:
- thermo process equipment, e.g. in accordance with the EN 746 series;
- dryers and ovens in accordance with EN 1539;
- coil transporting system before coil take-over-point at the entry section and after coil take-overpoint at the exit section, e.g. hook conveyors, overhead cranes, fork lift and railway trucks and other vehicles;
- acid regeneration plants;
- regeneration plants which are not integral part of the strip processing line;
- storage equipment for coils;
- rolling mill stands (i.e. skin pass and reduction stands) according to EN 15094;
- rollshop equipment;
- separate process technology (e.g. compressed air system, treatment of water and treatment of rolling lubricant);
- separate cleaning system for exhaust air;
- firefighting systems.
NOTE 3 Protection of persons in case of using asphyxiant gases used in firefighting system is covered by this document, see Annex C.
This document deals with foreseeable significant hazards, hazardous situations and events relevant to strip processing lines, when used as intended and under conditions of misuse which are reasonably foreseeable by the manufacturer. It provides the requirements to be met by the manufacturer to ensure the safety of persons and property during transport, commissioning, use, de-commissioning and maintenance periods, as well as in the event of foreseeable failures or malfunctions that can occur in the equipment.
For modernization, this document (C-type standard) can be applied for the part to be modernized.