CENELEC - EN 60335-2-48
Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety - Part 2-48: Particular requirements for commercial electric grillers and toasters
|Publication Date:||1 March 2003|
|ICS Code (Small kitchen appliances):||97.040.50|
This International Standard deals with the safety of electrically operated commercial grillers and toasters not intended for household and similar use, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V for single-phase appliances connected between one phase and neutral, and 480 V for other appliances.
Rotary or continuous grillers and toasters and similar appliances intended for grilling by radiant heat such as rotisseries, salamanders, etc. are within the scope of this standard.
Additional requirements for appliances with power driven moving parts are given in Annex ZE.
NOTE 101 These appliances are used for the commercial processing of food, for example in kitchens of restaurants, canteens, hospitals and in commercial enterprises such as bakeries, butcheries, etc
The electrical part of appliances making use of other forms of energy is also within the scope of this standard.
As far as is practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented by these types of appliances.
NOTE 102 Attention is drawn to the fact that
- for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements may be necessary;
- in many countries additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour, the national water supply authorities and similar authorities;
- for appliances intended to be used outdoors, additional requirements may be necessary.
NOTE 103 This standard does not apply to
- machines designed exclusively for industrial purposes,
- machines intended to be used in locations where a corrosive or an explosive atmosphere is present (dust, vapour or gas),
- appliances for continuous mass production of food,
- grillers and toasters designed for induction heating,
- machinery for processing cosmetics, chemicals and pharmaceutical products,
- griddles and griddle grills (IEC 60335-2-38).