CENELEC - PREN IEC 60335-2-11/PRAA
Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety - Part 2-11: Particular requirements for tumble dryers
|Publication Date:||1 March 2020|
|ICS Code (Laundry appliances):||97.060|
|ICS Code (Domestic safety):||13.120|
Appliances intended to be used by laymen in shops and other premises for normal housekeeping purposes, are within the scope of this standard.
NOTE Z101 Examples of appliance for household environment are appliances for typical housekeeping functions used in the household environment that may also be used by non-expert users for typical housekeeping functions:
- in shops and other similar working environments;
- in farm houses;
- by clients in hotels, motels and other residential type environments;
- in bed and breakfast type environments.
NOTE Z102 Household environments include the dwelling and its associated buildings, the garden, etc.
As far as is practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented by appliances that are encountered by all persons in household and similar environments.
However, in general, it does not take into account
- children playing with the appliance,
- the use of the appliance by very young children,
- the use of the appliance by young children without supervision,
- user maintenance by children, including the cleaning of the appliance.
It is recognized that very vulnerable people may have needs beyond the level addressed in this standard.