IEC TS 60364-8-3
Low-voltage electrical installations – Part 8-3: Functional aspects – Operation of prosumer’s electrical installations
|Publication Date:||1 May 2020|
|ICS Code (Electricity supply systems):||91.140.50|
This part of IEC 60364 specifies requirements and recommendations for the safe and proper functioning of prosumers' electrical installations.
It is intended for use by contractors, users, facility managers and similar of electrical low-voltage installations.
This document also provides requirements and recommendations on technical parameters and their limiting values influencing:
b) proper functioning:
- stability (voltage, frequency, etc);
- reliability (power quality, interoperability of communication, etc);
- energy management (power, power factor, current, stored energy, etc);
- ability to ensure correct operation of equipment.
This document also provides requirements and recommendations on data exchange models, and test procedures for the prosumer's electrical installations that could include the following applications:
- local generating sources (e.g. photovoltaic systems, rotating generators, wind turbines);
- energy storage units (e.g. stationary secondary batteries);
- electric vehicle charging and/or discharging;
- prosumer's energy measurement unit (PEMU);
- control and monitoring system;
- loads which can be controlled.
This part of IEC 60364 is intended to be applied in conjunction with the other parts of IEC 60364.