Additive manufacturing of metallic parts
|Publication Date:||1 May 2020|
This standard specifies requirements and guidance for:
- the qualification of parts made by AM for the oil and gas and related industries
- the purchasing of AM parts
- quality management for manufacturers of AM parts
- the manufacturing of AM parts.
The requirements are for metallic AM in general, with additional requirements for the following specific AM technologies:
- wire arc additive manufacturing (WAAM)
- laser beam powder bed fusion (PBF-LB).
The standard does not include design-, operation- and maintenance-related requirements, nor requirements related to data quality or processing, such as the quality of CAD files or slicing operations.