CEN - EN 16185-1
Railway applications - Braking systems of multiple unit trains - Part 1: Requirements and definitions
|Publication Date:||1 December 2014|
|ICS Code (Materials and components for railway engineering):||45.040|
This document describes the functionality, constraints, performance and operation of a brake system for use in self-propelling thermal and electric trains operating on routes of the European rail system network.
This European Standard covers:
- all new vehicle designs of self-propelling thermal and electric trains being operated at a maximum speed up to 200 km/h, in the following text simply called EMU/DMU;
- all major overhauls of the above-mentioned vehicles if they involve redesigning or extensive alteration to the brake system of the vehicle concerned.
This standard does not cover:
- locomotive hauled trains which are specified by EN 14198;
- mass transit rolling stock which is specified by EN 13452-1;
- high speed trains being operated at speeds greater than 200 km/h which are specified by EN 15734-1.