CENELEC - EN IEC 61977
Fibre optic interconnecting devices and passive components - Fibre optic fixed filters - Generic specification
|Publication Date:||1 May 2020|
|ICS Code (Fibre optic interconnecting devices):||33.180.20|
This document applies to the family of fibre optic filters. These components have all of the following general features:
- they are passive for the reason that they contain no optoelectronic or other transducing elements which can process the optical signal launched into the input port;
- they modify the spectral intensity distribution in order to select some wavelengths and inhibit others;
- they are fixed, i.e. the modification of the spectral intensity distribution is fixed and cannot be tuned;
- they have input and output ports or a common port (having both functions of input and output) for the transmission of optical power; the ports are optical fibre or optical fibre connectors;
- they differ according to their characteristics. They can be divided into the following categories:
• short-wave pass (only wavelengths lower than or equal to a specified value are passed);
• long-wave pass (only wavelengths greater than or equal to a specified value are passed);
• band-pass (only an optical window is allowed);
• notch (only an optical window is inhibited);
• gain flattening (compensating the spectral profile of the device).
It is also possible to have a combination of the above categories.
This document provides the generic information including terminology of IEC 61753-04x series documents. Published IEC 61753-04x series documents are listed in the Bibliography.
This document establishes uniform requirements for optical, mechanical and environmental properties.