CEN - PREN 12621
Machinery for supply and circulation of liquid coating materials - Safety requirements
|Publication Date:||1 June 2020|
|ICS Code (Paint coating equipment):||87.100|
This document deals with all significant hazards, hazardous situations and events which are relevant to machinery for supply and circulation of liquid coating material, when used as intended and under the conditions foreseen by the manufacturer, including reasonably foreseeable misuse.
Together with this document, EN 50050-1, EN 50059, EN 50176 or EN 50348 give requirements for electrostatic machinery for supply and circulation of liquid coating material.
The specific significant risks related to the use of machinery for supply and circulation of liquid coating material with foodstuffs and pharmaceutical products are not dealt with in this document.
The machinery may be stationary or mobile.
Interfaces between machinery for supply and circulation of liquid coating material and other machinery used in coating application are given in Figure 1.
This document does not apply to:
- pressure related hazards of equipment classified as higher than category 1 of 2014/68/EU article 13;
NOTE 1 For equipment of higher category than category 1 of 2014/68/EU, see EN 13445 (all parts) and EN 13480 (all parts).
NOTE 2 See Annex B for guidance on the application of 2014/68/EU.
- application equipment as dealt with in EN 1953 (including the gravity feed cup);
- machinery for the supply of powder coating material;
- machinery for coating material recycling;
- hand-held stirrers;
- stirred containers of more than 1 500 l;
- agitators of more than 3 kW electrical power supply;
- vessels without lid;
- offline heating systems;
- supply systems for CO2 shot-blasting machinery;
- equipment used for manufacturing of coating material;
- packaging units (drums, containers, etc.) delivered by the coating material supplier.
This document is not applicable to machinery for supply and circulation of liquid coating material manufactured before the date of its publication.