CEN - PREN 1953
Application equipment for coating materials - Safety requirements
|Publication Date:||1 June 2020|
|ICS Code (Paint coating equipment):||87.100|
This document deals with all significant hazards, hazardous situations and events which are relevant to hand-held and automatic application equipment for organic liquid, powder or flock coating material, when used as intended and under the conditions foreseen by the manufacturer, including reasonably foreseeable misuse.
Together with this standard, EN 50050-1, EN 50050-2, EN 50050-3, EN 50059, EN 50176, EN 50177, EN 50223 or EN 50348 give requirements for electrostatic application equipment.
The specific significant risks related to the use of application equipment with foodstuffs and pharmaceutical products are not dealt with in this document.
This document is not applicable to:
- application equipment designed for operating pneumatic pressure above 15 bar;
- application equipment with rotating parts designed for operating pressures above 25 bar;
- non-atomising equipment (e.g. extruding equipment, dispenser);
- fluidised bed powder coating machinery;
- spray guns covered by EN 50580:2012+A1:2013;
- supply hoses and ducts;
- high-pressure cleaner equipped with high pressure water jet machines according to EN 1829-1:2010;
- airbrushes for graphic and artistic works;
- machinery for the supply and circulation of coating materials under pressure according to EN 12621;
- water-jet cutters.
This document is not applicable to application equipment manufactured before the date of its publication.