ISO/IEC DIS 19075-1
Information technology — Guidance for the use of database language SQL — Part 1: XQuery regular expressions
|Publication Date:||3 June 2020|
|ICS Code (Languages used in information technology):||35.060|
This document describes the regular expression support in SQL (ISO/IEC 9075-2) adopted from the regular expression syntax of XQuery and XPath Functions and Operators 3.1, which is derived from Perl. This document discusses Āve operators using this regular expression syntax:
- LIKE_REGEX predicate, to determine the existence of a match to a regular expression.
- OCCURRENCES_REGEX numeric function, to determine the number of matches to a regular expression.
- POSITION_REGEX function, to determine the position of a match.
- SUBSTRING_REGEX function, to extract a substring matching a regular expression.
- TRANSLATE_REGEX function, to perform replacements using a regular expression.