ISO DIS 10535
Hoists for the transfer of disabled persons — Requirements and test methods
|Publication Date:||19 June 2020|
|ICS Code (Aids and adaptation for moving):||11.180.10|
This document specifies requirements and test methods only for hoists and body-support units intended for the transfer of disabled persons as classified in ISO 9999:2016:
- 12 36 03, Mobile hoists for transferring a person in sitting position with sling seats
- 12 36 04, Mobile hoists for transferring a person in standing position
- 12 36 06, Mobile hoists for transferring a person in sitting position with solid seats
- 12 36 09, Mobile hoists for transferring a person in lying position
- 12 36 12, Stationary hoists fixed to walls, floor or ceiling
- 12 36 15, Stationary hoists fixed to, or mounted in or on, another product
- 12 36 18, Stationary free-standing hoists
- 12 36 21, Body-support units for hoists
This document does not apply to devices that transport persons between two levels (floors) of a building.
It does not include methods for the determination of ageing or corrosion of such hoists and units.
It does not include methods to qualify individual units prior to use.
The requirements of this document are formulated with regard to the needs of both the disabled persons being hoisted and the attendant using the hoist.