Portable Power-Distribution Equipment
|Publication Date:||14 November 2016|
1.1 These requirements cover portable power-distribution equipment rated 600 volts or less and 1600 amperes maximum. They are intended for either single- or multi-phase supply and are intended to distribute power in accordance with the National Electrical Code, NFPA 70 (NEC).
1.2 These requirements cover portable power-distribution equipment intended for use in the following locations:
- a) Carnivals, circuses, fairs, and similar locations in accordance with Article 525 of the NEC;
- b) Exhibition halls in accordance with Article 518 of the NEC;
- c) Motion picture and television studios and similar locations in accordance with Article 530 of the NEC;
- d) Theaters, audience areas of motion-picture and television studios, and similar locations in accordance with Article 520 of the NEC; and
- e) Temporary installations at construction sites in accordance with Article 590 of the NEC.
1.3 These requirements do not cover portable power-distribution equipment:
- a) Intended to be mounted above or adjacent to the lighting unit it supplies. These devices are covered by the Standard for Stage and Studio Luminaires and Connector Strips, UL 1573.
- b) Intended to be connected to the load side of branch circuits, such as:
- 1) Relocatable power taps. These devices are covered by the Standard for Relocatable Power Taps, UL 1363;
- 2) Cord sets. These devices are covered by the Standard for Cord Sets and Power-Supply Cords, UL 817;
- 3) Convention-center
Cord Sets. These devices are covered by the Standard for Exhibition Display Units, Fabrication and Installation, UL 2305; and
- 4) Current taps. These devices are covered by the Standard for Current Taps and Adapters, UL 498A.