Railway applications - Adhesive bonding of rail vehicles and parts
|Publication Date:||1 January 2020|
|ICS Code (Railway rolling stock in general):||45.060.01|
|ICS Code (Adhesives):||83.180|
This document defines the general terms and basic requests for adhesive bonding and sealing work as well as the requirements placed on adhesive users (hereafter called user-companies) and represents the state of the art for organizing adhesive bonding and sealing processes in the railway industry.
This document applies for adhesive bonding and sealing adherends for:
- the development of rail vehicles and its components (pre-production),
- production of rail vehicles and its components (in-production),
- the maintenance incl. repair of rail vehicles and its components (post-production), and
- the quality assurance of production, inspection, maintenance incl. repair of rail vehicles and its components.
This document is valid for every adhesively bonded joint in railway vehicles and its components independent of the material of the adherend. It is also valid for all kinds of adhesives independent of their solidification mechanism, their strength and their deformation properties.
This document is not valid for:
- screw retention by the usage of adhesives, if a pure screw assembly of the same design is sufficient for the purpose,
- hybrid joints, if the expected function is given exclusively by another joining technology e.g. welding, screwing, riveting,
- production of vulcanizates which do not lead to adhesively bonded joints,
- production of plywood,
- production of fibre reinforced plastic composites (FRP-composites),
- production of laminated sheet glass (LSG),
- pure encapsulating of electronic parts, and
- single-sided adhesive decorative films.