ETSI - TR 123 975
Digital cellular telecommunications system (Phase 2+) (GSM); Universal Mobile Telecommunications System (UMTS); LTE; IPv6 migration guidelines
|Publication Date:||1 July 2020|
The technical report identifies various scenarios of transition to IPv6 and co-existence of IPv4 and IPv6, deployment options and impacts on 3GPP network elements. In particular:
- Identify the transition and co-existence scenarios of interest for operators and the respective assumptions and requirements.
- Analyze existing IP address allocation mechanism for IPv6 migration if necessary.
- Investigate IPv6 transition mechanisms for the scenarios identified during the study and investigate their applicability for 3GPP network, and identify the compatibility among applicable transition mechanisms.
- Identify any impact on 3GPP network elements.
- Provide recommendations on IPv6 transition and co-existence of IPv4 and IPv6 and identify if any normative work is needed.