ISO DIS 23247-4
Automation systems and integration — Digital Twin framework for manufacturing — Part 4: Information exchange
|Publication Date:||27 July 2020|
|ICS Code (IT applications in industry):||35.240.50|
|ICS Code (Industrial process measurement and control):||25.040.40|
This part of ISO 23247 identifies technical requirements for information exchange between entities within the reference architecture.
The ISO 23247 series defines a framework to guide the creation of Digital Twins of observable manufacturing elements including personnel, equipment, materials, processes, facilities, environment, products, and supporting documents.
The requirements for information exchange in the following networks are within the scope of this part of ISO 23247:
- User network that connects the User entity and Core entity;
- Service network that connects sub-entities within the Core entity;
- Access network that connects the Data collection and device control entity to the Core entity and to the User entity;
- Proximity network that connects the Data collection and device control entity to the observable manufacturing elements.
The following are described in other parts of ISO 23247:
- overview and general principles (Part 1);
- reference architecture (Part 2);
- digital representation of manufacturing elements (Part 3).
The following are outside of the scope of ISO 23247, but will be identified as use cases in technical reports.
- selection of the manufacturing devices and other resources to be represented by Digital Twins;
- selection of the manufacturing processes to be represented by Digital Twins;
- selection of the manufacturing products to be represented by Digital Twins.