ISO DIS 23247-1
Automation systems and integration — Digital Twin framework for manufacturing — Part 1: Overview and general principles
|Publication Date:||27 July 2020|
|ICS Code (IT applications in industry):||35.240.50|
|ICS Code (Industrial process measurement and control):||25.040.40|
This part of ISO 23247 provides an overview and general principles of a Digital Twin for manufacturing.
The ISO 23247 series defines a framework to guide the creation of Digital Twins of observable manufacturing elements including personnel, equipment, materials, processes, facilities, environment, products, and supporting documents.
The following are within the scope of this part of ISO 23247:
- scope statement for ISO 23247 as a whole;
- terms and definitions used throughout ISO 23247;
- overview and requirements of the Digital Twin framework for manufacturing.
The following are described in other parts of ISO 23247:
- reference architecture (Part 2);
- digital representation of manufacturing elements (Part 3);
- information exchange requirements for Digital Twins (Part 4).
The following are outside the scope of ISO 23247, but will be identified as use cases in technical reports;
- selection of the manufacturing devices and other resources to be represented by Digital Twins;
- selection of the manufacturing processes to be represented by Digital Twins;
- selection of the manufacturing products to be represented by Digital Twins.