BSI - BS EN IEC 61326-3-2 - TC
Tracked Changes (Redline) - Electrical equipment for measurement, control and laboratory use – EMC requirements Part 3-2: Immunity requirements for safety-related systems and for equipment intended to perform safety-related functions (functional safety) – Industrial applications with specified electromagnetic environment
|Publication Date:||26 February 2020|
|ICS Code (Immunity):||33.100.20|
|ICS Code (Industrial process measurement and control):||25.040.40|
This part of IEC 61326 covers all equipment within the scope of IEC 61326-1, but is limited to systems and equipment for industrial applications within a specified electromagnetic environment and intended to perform safety functions as defined in IEC 61508 with SIL 1-3.
The electromagnetic environments encompassed by this product family standard are industrial, both indoor and outdoor, and based on the requirements of the process industry, specifically chemical/petrochemic
The environment of industrial application with a specified electromagnetic environment typically includes the following characteristics:
- industrial area with limited access;
- limited use of mobile transmitters;
- dedicated cables for power supply and control, signal or communication lines;
- separation between power supply and control, signal or communication cables;
- factory building mostly consisting of metal construction;
- pipe heating systems driven by AC main power;
- no high-voltage substation close to sensitive areas;
- presence of CISPR 11 Group 2 ISM equipment using ISM frequencies only with low power;
- competent staff;
- periodical maintenance of equipment and systems;
- mounting and installation guidelines for equipment and systems.
Equipment and systems considered as "proven-in-use" according to IEC 61508 or "prior use" according to IEC 61511 are excluded from the scope of this document.
Fire alarm systems and security alarm systems intended for protection of buildings are excluded from the scope of this document.