BSI - PAS 43 - TC
Tracked Changes (Redline) - Safe working of vehicle breakdown, recovery and removal operations — Management system specification
|Publication Date:||25 February 2020|
|ICS Code (Management of human resources):||03.100.30|
|ICS Code (Special purpose vehicles):||43.160|
This PAS specifies requirements for a management system for road recovery operators. The requirements contained within it are intended to provide safe working arrangements for road recovery operator technicians and road users. It outlines best practice procedures for:
a) attending vehicle breakdowns and their recovery and/or removal;
b) other aspects of vehicle breakdown, recovery and removal by specifying requirements for:
1) the type, maintenance and safety marking of road recovery vehicles and their equipment (see Clauses 6 and 7 and Annexes A and B);
2) the training, competence and behaviour of road recovery technicians (see Clause 10, Clause 11, Annex C and the SURVIVE Website);
3) the use of personal safety and protective equipment and clothing (PPE) by road recovery technicians (see Clause 8);
4) the maintenance and organization of road recovery operators' premises (see Clause 9);
5) the effective implementation and maintenance of standard operating procedures (see Clause 5).
NOTE PAS 43 might apply at locations other than at the roadside which are controlled by other regulations and best practice.