ETSI - TR 103 459
Rail Telecommunications (RT); Future Rail Mobile Communication System (FRMCS); Study on system architecture
|Publication Date:||1 August 2020|
The present document is a technical report, in line with the scope and field of application of its related Work Item. In particular, it covers:
• Definition of key terms and a high-level description of the FRMCS architecture, as agreed among UIC and ETSI (see clauses 3 and 4, respectively).
• An analysis of the architectural implications of various requirements on the FRMCS system captured in UIC TOBA and 3GPP TR 22.889 [i.3], and of aspects such as identification and addressing, security, positioning and migration (see clause 5).
• A description of the logical architecture of the FRMCS system, including a description of the main logical entities and key reference points among these (see clause 6).
• A derivation of key deployment and border-crossing scenarios that the FRMCS architecture should support (see clause 7).
• An investigation of possible technical realizations of the FRMCS system, based on the usage of building blocks from 3GPP and other standards bodies (see clause 8).
• A gap analysis and identification of risks related to the FRMCS standardization, for instance due to its dependency on timelines of different standards bodies (see clause 9).
Finally, the present document identifies the next steps to ensure the complete definition of the FRMCS system.