Industrial Battery Chargers
|Publication Date:||14 May 2015|
1.1 These requirements cover battery chargers rated 600 volts or less. They are intended to be used in accordance with the National Electrical Code, NFPA 70, to charge industrial storage batteries which are used to provide power for material handling trucks, tractors, personnel carriers, and similar motive equipment. These chargers may be either cord and plug connected or permanently connected.
1.2 A battery charger that is not a complete assembly and depends upon installation in an end product for compliance with the requirements in this Standard is investigated under the requirements of this Standard and the standard for the end product.
1.3 These requirements do not cover:
- a) Battery chargers for use in a marina, boatyard, or other marine application;
- b) Battery chargers for fire protection signaling service;
- c) Household battery chargers;
- d) Automotive battery chargers;
- e) Battery chargers for use with an internal combustion engine driving a centrifugal fire pump; or
- f) Appliances or systems in which a battery charger is used.