CEN - PREN 1990
Eurocode - Basis of structural and geotechnical design
|Publication Date:||1 September 2020|
|ICS Code (Technical aspects):||91.010.30|
Scope of EN 1990
(1) This document establishes principles and requirements for the safety, serviceability, robustness and durability of structures, including geotechnical structures, appropriate to the consequences of failure.
(2) This document is intended to be used in conjunction with the other Eurocodes for the design of buildings and civil engineering works, including temporary structures.
(3) This document describes the basis for structural and geotechnical design and verification according to the limit state principle.
(4) Design and verification in this document are based primarily on the partial factor method.
NOTE 1 Alternative methods are given in the other Eurocodes for specific applications.
NOTE 2 The Annexes to this document also provide general guidance concerning the use of alternative methods.
(5) This document is also applicable for:
- structural appraisal of existing construction;
- developing the design of repairs, improvements and alterations;
- assessing changes of use.
(6) This document is applicable for the design of structures where materials or actions outside the scope of EN 1991 to EN 1999 are involved.
NOTE In this case, additional or amended provisions can be necessary.