ETSI - TS 143 064
Digital cellular telecommunications system (Phase 2+) (GSM); General Packet Radio Service (GPRS); Overall description of the GPRS radio interface; Stage 2
|Publication Date:||1 September 2020|
The present document provides the overall description for lower-layer functions of the General Packet Radio Service (GPRS and EGPRS)) radio interface (Um). ). Within this TS the term GPRS refers to GPRS and EGPRS unless explicitly stated otherwise.
The overall description provides the following information:
- The services offered to higher-layer functions,
- The distribution of required functions into functional groups,
- A definition of the capabilities of each functional group,
- Service primitives for each functional group, including a description of what services and information flows are to be provided, and
- A model of operation for information flows within and between the functions.
The present document is applicable to the following GPRS Um functional layers:
- Radio Link Control functions,
- Medium Access Control functions, and
- Physical Link Control functions.
The present document describes the information transfer and control functions to be used across the radio (Um) interface for communication between the MS and the Network, see Figure 1.
3GPP TS 23.060  describes the overall GPRS logical architecture and the GPRS functional layers above the Radio Link Control and Medium Access Control layer.
3GPP TS 24.007  contains a description in general terms of the structured functions and procedures of this protocol and the relationship of this protocol with other layers and entities.
3GPP TS 44.018  contains the definition of GPRS RLC/MAC procedures when operating on the Common Control Channel (CCCH).
3GPP TS 44.060  contains the definition of RLC/MAC functions when operating on a Packet Data Channel (PDCH).
3GPP TS 44.064  contains functional procedures for the Logical Link Control (LLC) layer above the RLC/MAC.
3GPP TS 45 series defines the Physical Link layer and Physical RF layer.