PACKT - 9781800562660
Android Studio 4.0 Development Essentials
|Publication Date:||24 September 2020|
Explore Android Studio 4.0 and update your skills to build modern applications in Java
* Set up your Android development and testing environments
* Create user interfaces with Android Studio Editor, XML, and Java
* Explore the essential elements of Android Jetpack
Android rolls out frequent updates to meet the demands of the dynamic mobile market and to enable its developer community to lead advancements in application development. This book focuses on the updated features of Android Studio (the fully integrated development environment launched by Google) to build reliable Android applications using Java.
The book starts by outlining the steps necessary to set up an Android development and testing environment. You'll then learn how to create user interfaces with the help of Android Studio Layout Editor, XML files, and by writing the code in Java. The book introduces you to Android architecture components and advanced topics such as intents, touchscreen handling, gesture recognition, multi-window support integration, and biometric authentication, and lets you explore key features of Android Studio 4.0, including the layout editor, direct reply notifications, and dynamic delivery. You'll also cover Android Jetpack in detail and create a sample app project using the ViewModel component. Finally, you'll upload your app to the Google Play Console and handle the build process with Gradle.
By the end of this book, you'll have gained the skills necessary to develop applications using Android Studio 4.0 and Java.
What you will learn
* Design impressive UI for Android application using Android Studio Editor and Java
* Understand how Android Jetpack can help you reduce the amount of code
* Explore unique ways to handle single-touch and multi-touch events
* Trigger local and remote notifications on the device
* Integrate biometric authentication into an Android app
* Create, test, and upload an Android app bundle on Google Play Store
Who this book is for
This book is for application developers and Java programmers who want to explore Android Studio 4.0 to create powerful Android applications. A basic understanding of Java and the Android SDK will be helpful.
Author: Neil Smyth