|Publication Date:||17 September 2020|
• Establishes the DoD Biosurveillance Program.
• Establishes policy and assigns responsibility for enterprise wide biosurveillance coordination to enhance force health and warfighter readiness through more integrated, accountable, efficient, and effective biosurveillance activities.
• Postures the Department to support timely bioincident prevention, detection, assessment, response and recovery in accordance with the National Strategies for Biosurveillance and National Biodefense Strategy.
• Provides timely and actionable information in support of the DoD Global Pandemic Influenza and Infectious Disease (PI&ID) response and other public health emergencies.
• Designates the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness (USD(P&R)) as the office of primary responsibility for the DoD Biosurveillance Program.