ISO - FDIS 19085-12.3
Woodworking machines — Safety — Part 12: Tenoning/profiling machines
|Publication Date:||24 September 2020|
|ICS Code (Woodworking machines):||79.120.10|
|ICS Code (Safety of machinery):||13.110|
This document gives the safety requirements and measures for stationary, manually loaded and unloaded:
- single end tenoning machines with manual feed sliding table;
- single end tenoning machines with mechanical feed sliding table;
- single end tenoning and/or profiling machines with mechanical feed;
- double end tenoning and/or profiling machines with mechanical feed, also designed to be automatically loaded/unloaded;
- angular systems for tenoning and profiling with mechanical feed;
with maximum work-piece height capacity of 200 mm for single end machines and 500 mm for double end machines, hereinafter referred to as "machines".
It deals with all significant hazards, hazardous situations and events as listed in Clause 4 relevant to machines, when operated, adjusted and maintained as intended and under the conditions foreseen by the manufacturer including reasonably foreseeable misuse. Also, transport, assembly, dismantling, disabling and scrapping phases are taken into account.
NOTE For relevant but not significant hazards, e.g. sharp edges of the machine frame, see ISO 12100:2010.
The machines are designed to process in one pass one end or two sides, either opposite or perpendicular to each other, of work-pieces made of:
1) solid wood;
2) materials with similar physical characteristics to wood (see ISO 19085-1:2017, 3.2);
3) fibre-cement, rock/glass wool, gypsum, plasterboard, only with machines with mechanical feed.
It is also applicable to machines fitted with one or more of the following additional working units, whose hazards have been dealt with:
- sanding units;
- fixed or movable work-piece support;
- automatic tool changing;
- automatic work-piece returner;
- glass bead saw unit;
- hinge recessing unit;
- post forming edge pre-cutting;
- boring unit;
- dynamic processing unit;
- sawing unit installed out of the integral enclosure, between machine halves in double end machines;
- foiling unit;
- coating unit;
- grooving unit with milling tool installed out of the integral enclosure, between machine halves;
- brushing unit;
- gluing unit;
- sealing unit;
- dowels inserting unit;
- tongues inserting unit;
- inkjet marking unit;
- laser marking unit;
- labelling unit;
- work-piece back-up device (anti-chipping / anti-splintering device);
- quick tool changing system.
This document does not deal with any hazards related to:
a) systems for automatic loading and unloading of the work-piece to a single machine other than automatic work-piece returner;
b) single machine being used in combination with any other machine (as part of a line);
c) use of tools, other than saw blades or milling tools for grooving, installed between machine halves and out of the integral enclosure in double end machines;
d) use of tools protruding out of the integral enclosure;
e) chemical characteristics of fibre-cement, rock/glass wool, gypsum, plasterboard and their dust.
It is not applicable to machines intended for use in potentially explosive atmosphere nor to machines manufactured prior to its publication.