ULS - UL 2200
Groupes électrogènes stationnaires
|Publication Date:||29 September 2020|
1.1 These requirements cover stationary engine generator assemblies that are intended for installation and use in ordinary locations in accordance with the following:
- a) The National Electrical Code, NFPA 70;
- b) The Canadian Electrical Code, Part I, CSA C22.1;
- c) The Standard for the Installation and Use of Stationary Combustion Engines and Gas Turbines, NFPA 37;
- d) Natural Gas and Propane Installation Code, CSA B149.1;
- e) The Code for Digester Gas, Landfill Gas, Biogas Generation and Utilization, ANSI/CSA B149.6;
- f) The Installation Code for Oil-Burning Equipment, CSA B139;
- g) The Standard for Health Care Facilities, NFPA 99;
- h) The Code for Canadian Health Care Facilities, CSA Z8000;
- i) The Standard for Emergency, Standby Power Systems, NFPA 110; and
- j) Emergency Electrical Power Supply for Building, CSA C282.
1.2 Units that incorporate a pressure vessel shall comply with the following:
- a) ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code;
- b) Boiler, Pressure Vessel, and Pressure Piping Code, CSA B51;
- c) Process Piping, ASME B31.3; and
- d) Gas-Fired Low Pressure Steam and Hot Water Boilers, ANSI Z21.13 / CSA 4.9
1.3 Hazards addressed by this Standard include electrical (energy, shock, explosion, and fire), mechanical (enclosures and moving parts), fuel related (containment and flow control for liquid and gaseous fuels including purge / dilution functions), and prime mover related hazards.
1.4 These requirements do not cover engine generator assemblies for use in hazardous (Classified) locations.
1.5 These requirements do not cover engine generator assemblies for shipboard marine applications.