Light motorized vehicles for the transportation of persons and goods and related facilities and not subject to type-approval for on-road use - Personal light electric vehicles (PLEV) - Requirements and test methods
|Publication Date:||1 October 2020|
|ICS Code (Electric road vehicles):||43.120|
This document applies to personal light electric vehicles totally or partially electrically powered from self-contained power sources with or without self-balancing system, with exception of vehicles intended for hire from unattended station.
This document applies to personal light electric vehicles with or without self-balancing system totally or partially electrically powered from self-contained power sources having battery voltages up to 100 VDC, with or without an integrated battery charger with up to a 240 VAC input. This document specifies safety requirements, test methods, marking and information relating to personal light electric vehicles to reduce the risk of injuries to both third parties and the user during intended use, i.e. when used as intended and under conditions of misuse that are reasonably foreseeable by the manufacturer.
This document does not apply to:
- vehicles that are considered as toys;
- vehicles without self-balancing system with a seat;
- vehicles intended for competition;
- electrically powered assisted cycles (EPAC);
- vehicles and/or devices intend for use for medical care;
- electric vehicles having a maximum design speed above 25 Km/h;
- vehicles having a rated voltage of more than 100 VDC or 240 VAC;
- vehicles without an on-board driving operator.
NOTE 1 EN ISO 13482 gives the requirements for vehicles without on-board driving operator.
NOTE 2 See D.2.
NOTE 3 The local regulation could limit the use of the vehicle to a speed lower than 25 km/h.