CSA ISO/IEC 15963-1
Information technology — Radio frequency identification for item management — Part 1: Unique identification for RF tags numbering systems
|Publication Date:||1 January 2020|
|ICS Code (Automatic identification and data capture techniques):||35.040.50|
This document describes numbering systems that are available for the identification of RF tags and assigns various allocation classes to various agencies that issue manufacturer codes.
The unique ID can be used:
- for the traceability of the integrated circuit itself for quality control in its manufacturing process;
- for the traceability of the RF tag during its manufacturing process and along its lifetime;
- for the completion of the reading in a multi-antenna configuration;
- by the anti-collision mechanism to inventory multiple tags in the reader's field of view; and
- for the traceability of the item to which the RF tag is attached.