ISO DIS 12239
Smoke alarms using scattered light, transmitted light or ionization
|Publication Date:||13 November 2020|
|ICS Code (Fire protection):||13.220.20|
This document specifies requirements, test methods, performance criteria, and manufacturer's instructions for smoke alarms that operate using scattered light, transmitted light, or ionization, and are intended for household or similar residential applications.
For the testing of other types of smoke alarms, or smoke alarms working on different principles, this document should be used only for guidance. Smoke alarms with special characteristics and developed for specific risks are not covered by this document
This document allows, although it does not require, the inclusion within the smoke alarm of facilities for the following:
- visual fault condition indication;
- extended temperature-range operation;
- interconnection with other similar smoke alarms or accessories;
- temporary disablement
- alarm silencing
- signal frequency characteristics
- standby power source low condition silence
- smoke alarms with voice
- smoke alarms using radio frequency links
- response to slowly developing fires (Drift compensation)
Where such facilities are included, this document specifies applicable requirements.
This document does not cover devices intended for incorporation in systems using separate control and indicating equipment. Such systems are specified in parts of ISO 7240.