ETSI - TS 132 421
Digital cellular telecommunications system (Phase 2+) (GSM); Universal Mobile Telecommunications System (UMTS); LTE; Telecommunication management; Subscriber and equipment trace; Trace concepts and requirements
|Publication Date:||1 November 2020|
The present document describes the requirements for the management of Trace and the reporting of Trace data (including FDD mode and TDD mode) across UMTS, EPS or 5G networks as it refers to subscriber tracing (tracing of IMSI or Public User Identity) and equipment tracing (tracing of IMEI or IMEISV). Trace also includes the ability to trace all active calls in a cell or multiple cells (Cell Traffic Trace). The present document also includes the description of Service Level Tracing (tracing of a specific service). It defines the administration of Trace Session activation/deactivat
GSM Trace is outside of the scope of this specification (see ).
The present document also describes the requirements for the management of Minimization of Drive Tests (MDT) across UMTS networks, EPS networks or 5G networks and Radio Link Failure (RLF) reporting across EPS networks and 5G networks.
The present document is built upon the basic Subscriber and UE Trace concept described in clause 4. The high-level requirements for Trace data, Trace Session activation/deactivat
The present document does not cover any Trace capability limitations within a NE (e.g. maximum number of simultaneous traced mobiles for a given NE) or any functionality related to these limitations (e.g. NE aborting a Trace Session due to resource limitations).
The objectives of the Trace specifications are:
a) to provide the descriptions for a standard set of Trace and MDT data;
b) to produce a common description of the management technique for Trace, MDT and RLF administration and result reporting;
c) to define a method for the reporting of Trace, MDT and RLF results across the management interfaces.
The following is beyond the scope of the present document, and therefore the present document does not describe:
- tracing non-Subscriber or non-UE related events within an NE;
- tracing of all possible parties in a multi-party call (although multiple calls related to the IMSI specified in the Trace control and configuration parameters are traceable).
The definition of Trace and MDT data is intended to result in comparability of Trace and MDT data produced in a multi-vendor wireless UMTS, EPS and/or 5G network(s), for those Trace control and configuration parameters that can be standardised across all vendors' implementations.
Vendor specific extensions to the Trace control and configuration parameters and Trace and MDT data are discussed in 3GPP TS 32.422  and 3GPP TS 32.423 .
All functions (trace, MDT etc.) specified in this specification support Network Sharing, with the following conditions:
- It is accepted that the recorded information from the shared nodes is available to the Master Operator. Recorded information that is collected in a non shared node or cell will only be available to the operator managing the non shared node or cell.
- It is accepted that the recorded information from the shared network shall be delivered to the Participating Operator whose PLMN recording is requested, taking user consent into account. Operators must also agree on sharing the information, but how that agreement is done is outside the scope of this specification. The mapping of TCE IP addresses and TCE addresses must be coordinated among the operators that shares the network. How that coordination is done is outside the scope of this specification.
- It is accepted that the inter-PLMN recorded information for Logged MDT from the non-shared nodes of Participating Operators may be available to the Master Operator.
- For signalling based activation, the operators that share a network must coordinate the TCE IP addresses and the TCE address mapping must be coordinated. How that coordination´ is done is outside the scope of this specification.
For UMTS and EPS the 3GPP Managment reference model, 3GPP TS 32.101  is followed.
For 5GS the 3GPP Services Based Management Architecture, 3GPP TS 28.533  is followed.