ETSI - EN 303 135
Coastal Surveillance, Vessel Traffic Services and Harbour Radars (CS/VTS/HR); Harmonised Standard for access to radio spectrum
|Publication Date:||1 November 2020|
The present document specifies technical characteristics and methods of measurements for X-band radar sensors intended for Coastal Surveillance (CS), Vessel Traffic Services (VTS) and harbour surveillance with the following characteristics:
• Operating in the following frequency range:
- 8 500 MHz to 10 000 MHz utilizing modulated or unmodulated pulses.
• Transmitter Peak Envelope Power up to 100 kW.
• The transmitter output (from power amplifier) towards the antenna uses a hollow metallic rectangular waveguide of type WR90/WG16/R100 according to IEC 60153-2 [i.3] with a minimum length of 92 cm (20 times the wavelength of the waveguide cut-off frequency).
• The antenna is rotating, waveguide-based and passive.
• At the transceiver output an RF-circulator is used.
NOTE: The relationship between the present document and essential requirements of article 3.2 of Directive 2014/53/EU [i.1] is given in annex A.