|Publication Date:||1 November 2020|
The document provides guidelines for accepting data driven verification methods based on emerging digital technologies.
The scope includes setting requirements to:
- built in test equipment and self-verifying systems, e.g. for:
- performance verification of active functions
- testing of on demand functions, e.g. protection functions
- testing of the availability of redundant functions
- digital survey applications, i.e. digital tools which can be managed by the crew in order to gather tamper-free system/vessel data
- advanced data analytics and algorithm based verification functions
- gathering, treatment and delivery of collected data to ensure the truthfulness, correctness and quality of data use for class assessment.