CENELEC - PREN 50388-1
Railway Applications - Fixed installations and rolling stock - Technical criteria for the coordination between electric traction power supply systems and rolling stock to achieve interoperability - Part 1: General
|Publication Date:||1 November 2020|
|ICS Code (Railway rolling stock in general):||45.060.01|
|ICS Code (Electric traction equipment):||29.280|
This document establishes requirements for the electrical aspects to achieve technical compatibility between rolling stock and electric traction systems, limited to:
• co-ordination of protection principles between power supply and traction units, especially fault discrimination for short-circuits;
• co-ordination of installed power on the line and the power demand of trains;
• co-ordination of traction unit regenerative braking and power supply receptivity;
• compatibility assessment relating to harmonics and dynamic effects.
Informative values are given for some parts of the existing European railway networks, in annexes.
NOTE Definitive values are set out in the register of infrastructure published in accordance with Article 49 of Directive (EU) 2016/797, and the list of items included in the register is described in the commission decision (EU) 2019/777.
The following electric traction systems are within the scope of this document:
• guided mass transport systems that are integrated with railways;
• material transport systems that are integrated with railways.
Information is given on electrification parameters to enable train operating companies to confirm, after consultation with the rolling stock manufacturers, that there will be no consequential disturbance on the electrification system.
The interaction between pantograph and overhead contact line is dealt with in EN 50367:2020.
The interaction with the control-command and signalling subsystem is not dealt with in this standard.