ISO/IEC DIS 15444-2
Information technology — JPEG 2000 image coding system — Part 2: Extensions
|Publication Date:||28 December 2020|
|ICS Code (Coding of graphical and photographical information):||35.040.30|
This Recommendation | International Standard defines a set of lossless (bit-preserving) and lossy compression methods for coding continuous-tone, bi-level, grey-scale, colour digital still images, or multi-component images.
This Recommendation | International Standard:
- specifies extended decoding processes for converting compressed image data to reconstructed image data;
- specifies an extended codestream syntax containing information for interpreting the compressed image data;
- specifies an extended file format;
- specifies a container to store image metadata;
- defines a standard set of image metadata;
- provides guidance on extended encoding processes for converting source image data to compressed image data;
- provides guidance on how to implement these processes in practice.