API SPEC 16F
Specification for Marine Drilling Riser Equipment
|Publication Date:||1 November 2017|
This specification establishes standards of performance and quality for the design, manufacture, and fabrication of marine drilling riser equipment used in conjunction with a subsea blowout preventer (BOP) stack.
This specification provides the requirements for the following major subsystems in the marine drilling riser system:
- riser tensioner equipment;
- flex/ball joints;
- choke, kill, and auxiliary lines;
- drape hoses and jumper lines for flex/ball joints;
- telescopic joint (slip joint) and tensioner ring;
- riser joints;
- buoyancy equipment;
- riser running equipment;
- special riser system components;
- lower riser adapter;
- riser coupling.