ISO DIS 11295
Plastics piping systems used for the rehabilitation of pipelines — Classification and overview of strategic and operational activities
|Publication Date:||1 February 2021|
|ICS Code (Pipeline components and pipelines in general):||23.040.01|
This document sets out the steps of the overall process of pipeline rehabilitation, comprising:
- Information on strategic activities:
a) Investigation and condition assessment of the existing pipeline;
b) Pipeline rehabilitation planning;
c) Project specification.
- Information on and requirements for operational activities:
d) Application of techniques;
e) Documentation of the design and application process.
Definitions, classification and description of families of renovation and trenchless replacement techniques are provided, including their areas of application such as underground drainage and sewerage networks and underground water and gas supply networks.
NOTE 1 The following aspects are not covered by the scope of this document:
- new construction provided as network extension;
- calculation methods to determine, for each viable technique, the characteristics of lining or replacement pipe material needed to secure the desired performance of the rehabilitated pipeline;
- techniques for local repair.
NOTE 2 It is the responsibility of the designer to choose and design the renovation or trenchless replacement pipeline system.