Design and operation of carbon dioxide pipelines
|Publication Date:||1 February 2021|
This recommended practice provides guidance for the design, construction and operation of CO2 pipelines, related to structural integrity. The document supplements requirements in the referenced pipeline standards.
The following topics are covered:
- specific properties of CO2
- safety aspects of transportation of CO2 in pipelines relevant in the context of CCS
- concept development and design premises
- materials and pipeline design
- operation and re-qualification.
This document does not address how to secure public awareness and acceptance on a local/national level.