API SPEC 11D1
Packers and Bridge Plugs
|Publication Date:||1 March 2021|
This specification provides requirements and guidelines for packers and bridge plugs as defined herein for use in the petroleum and natural gas industry. This specification provides requirements for the functional specification and technical specification, including design, design verification and validation, materials, documentation and data control, repair, shipment, and storage.
Products covered by this specification apply only to applications within casing or tubing. Products covered by other API specifications, such as API 19OH or API 19LH, are not covered by this specification. Installation and maintenance of these products are outside the scope of this specification.
Within this specification the term product is used to indicate both packers and bridge plugs.
This specification includes the following annexes:
- Annex B: Requirements for HPHT Environment Equipment;
- Annex C: Requirements for HPHT Operational Tools;
- Annex D: Requirements for External Flow Testing;
- Annex E: Validation of Maximum Initiation Pressure for Hydrostatically Set Products;
- Annex F: Determining Test Fixture Inside Diameter;
- Annex G: Tubing-to-Packer Forces and Rated Performance Envelopes.