CENELEC - EN 50699
Recurrent Test of Electrical Equipment
|Publication Date:||1 November 2020|
|ICS Code (Electrical and electronic testing):||19.080|
|ICS Code (Electrical engineering in general):||29.020|
This document specifies the requirements of the test procedures to be applied for recurrent tests of current-using electrical equipment and appliances for the verification of the effectiveness of the protective measures and the permissible limits
This procedure is applicable to current-using electrical equipment connected at work places to final circuits with a rated voltage above 25 V AC and 60 V DC up to 1 000 V AC and 1 500 V DC, and currents up to 63 A. They can be either pluggable equipment type A connected to final circuits at work places via a plug or permanently connected equipment.
This document assumes that the current-using equipment or appliances under consideration complies with its related product standard, has been introduced on the market and is in use.
This document does not cover:
- tests after repair defined in EN 50678;
- type tests, routine tests, sample tests, special tests and acceptance tests for product safety nor for product functional requirements.
NOTE 1 type tests, routine tests, sample tests, special tests and acceptance tests are usually defined in product standards. This document does not replace tests covered by product standards.
This document does not apply to:
- devices and equipment that are part of the fixed electrical installations defined in HD 60364 (all parts);
NOTE 2 For these devices, tests for initial and periodic verifications are covered by HD 60364-6.
- uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS), photovoltaic inverters and power converters, e.g. AC/DC converters;
- charging stations for electro-mobility;
- stationary power supplies (generators);
- programmable Logic Controllers (PLC);
- power Drives;
- devices for EX-zones or for mining applications in general;
- products already covered by standards addressing similar topics such as:
a) medical equipment covered by EN 60601-1. For these devices, EN 62353 applies;
b) arc welding equipment covered by EN 60974-1. For these devices, EN 60974-4 applies;
c) machinery covered by EN 60204-1. For these devices, EN 60204-1 applies.